Site Meter

Friday, May 02, 2008

Now That is some Straight Talk

McCain in Iowa: I'd veto the farm bill

Sen. John McCain, appearing in Iowa for the first time since clinching the Republican presidential nomination, opened his event by announcing he opposes the farm bill under consideration in Congress.

"I do not support it. I would veto it. I would do that because I believe the subsidies are unnecessary and I do not believe we should have tariffs against imported products," McCain told an audience of roughly 250 at the Polk County Convention Complex.


Awesome. I used to really admire McCain's character and was very displeased by his year long panderfest. I'm glad to have the old McCain back. Especially because if he campaigns in farm states by opposing farm subsidies he might have the very great honor of losing all 50 states which would be wonderful.

No comments: