Site Meter

Monday, March 20, 2006

Long soft night up the spanish stairs
with apologies to Robert Zimmerman


The line in Rome sure means trouble
I can hear their sighs and pleas
almost think that I'm seeing double
That guy from Russia says he Japanese

Someday everything's gonna be different
when I see that masterpiece.


Clergyment in uniform and young girls pulling muscle
Everyone in line before me, when will I step inside

Takes three days if your early
better not ask if you're late
In the Japanese tour group that guy did hide
And he got right inside
after a long soft night up the Spanish stairs

Someday everything's gonna be different
when I see that masterpiece.


I left Rome and and headed for Florence
Bunch of Students on the Train
Omigod their speaking English
What their saying is quite inane

Line number one is somehow double
one for groups and one for me
The line jumpers' are wating for me
Right in front of botticelli's knees

At the Uffizi they are evil
I say uffa cause I hate waiting
Takes me an hour
to get up the stairs

Someday everything's gonna be different
when I see that masterpiece

No comments: