Site Meter

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Wikipedia

Kevin Drum is pleased to find himself in the Wikipedia.
I didn't hope to find myself so I looked for my father Thomas Waldmann, the immunologist (he is fairly famous in immunology circles).

I got this

The following tables compare general and technical information for a number of wiki software. Please see the individual products' articles for further information. This article is not all-inclusive or necessarily up-to-date.

[snip]

General

Basic general information about the distributions: creator/company, license/price etc.

[snip 4 entries]

MoinMoin Jürgen Hermann, Thomas Waldmann, ... July 28, 2000 PikiPiki 1.3.4 Free GPL Corporate, Public, Private.

It looks like some other Thomas Waldmann is a pioneer of wiki software. Also Hans Waldmann was a WWII German flying ace. Sad to say there is just a Wiki heading with no Waldmann disease which is much more likely to be related to me that a wiki program or a WWII fighter plane.

No comments: