Site Meter

Friday, March 05, 2010

Paul Kurgman defined the last decade as "The Onion years" as "The Onion" became our nations most reliable forecaster. When they posted a fake Bush inauguration address in which he promised at least one war as big as Desert Storm, they thought they were joking. The joke was on them and Iraq.

So what will the teens be ? I'm afraid they will be the LaRouche years -- where US politicians will manage to out do the paranoid fantasies of the Larouchies.

Today I had the genuinely frightening experience of agreeing with whole clauses in a LaRouchie press release

"endless bailouts for Wall Street swindlers, while demanding budget cuts which will increase the death rates among the poor, the sick, the elderly and the unemployed – are not acceptable, and will not be tolerated."

Makes sense to me. Oh noooooooooo I agreed with 34 words *in a row* in a LaRouchie publication (previous record 7). Have I gone insane. Please please tell that that I'm insane. The prospect that official Washington has become such a huge target that Larouchies can't manage to miss it is too frightening.

To reasure myself and my readers (or reader) I hasten to add that the Larouchie in question was claiming that Obama was demanding budget cuts which would etc. He hasn't ... yet. And maybe he's discovered that there are some things more important than being bipartisan. Maybe.

No comments: