Site Meter

Monday, March 08, 2010

No no no my dear Mike Allen, you are obtuse, Kent Conrand is merely abstruse.

Mike Allen wrote of Kent Conrad "Kent Conrad (D-N.D.) made this confusing argument last week on “Face the Nation,” we weren’t sure he was being deliberately disingenuous. It was, in fact, spin. Now, he’s made the same case in a similarly obtuse WashPost op-ed,"

I think it is clear that Mr Allen meant to type "abstruse" rather that obtuse. They aren't homonyms, but, hell anything that Makes Mr Allen more like Matthew Yglesias is a good thing.

I only find it funny that Mr Allen is being obtuse.

Reminds me of the apocryphal time that Mrs Johnson found Samuel Johnson in bed with another woman and said "Samuel I am surprised" and he replied "no no no my dear, I am surprised, you are merely astonished."

No comments: