Site Meter

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Let us now Praise Fred Hiatt

You know I found it painful to type that, but I have no choice.

He invited Marjorie Margolies back from the ash heep of history to discuss the one vote that cost her her seat in congress.

Margolies is a heroine to be honored and respected. I can't help being sexist and ask "what's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this ?"

OK Tin Foil time. Her points are that she voted her conciience and lost her seat and that was the right thing to do. I'm not sure anyone else could do more to convince her unworthy successors to not vote their conciences. I don't really think that Hiatt published the column to undermine health care reform.

I note that I consider the ash heap of history to be a very honorable place to reach and that, while I did use the word "girl" to refer to an adult, I do not think I am worthy to shake her hand. The "girl" came to my mind because I recalled the case of hte adult man who called her the 3M girl and, when questioned said he was a boy and that his point is that males and females are different in case no one had noticed.

I do not recall the name of that adult man and I don't want to. He is unworthy of the ash heap of history.

No comments: