Site Meter

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

More George Romney Blogging

Think Progress claims that George Romney was born in Mexico. He ran for the Republican nomination in 1968 on a civil rights and out of Vietnam platform. This would be impossible in today's Republican party (I mean he lost but people noticed his campaign). In fact, it seems to me that it would be impossible in 1968, since Romney was not born in the USA.

I think he must have been a foreign born US citizen (like my daughter Kathy who is, I believe, elegible for the Presidency). Since his parents (Mitt's grandparents) didn't live in the US for 14 years (or whatever I don't know how they swung that (and how did I prove that I had been in the USA for 14 years: still my greatest bureaucratic accomplishment). Still glad to have learned something useful from the whole just how wonderful was George Romney silliness.

No comments: