Site Meter

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Imprudent Prudential Lobbyist or What happened to Chuck's Brain

The daily muck quotes Chuck Brain who is ingenius and ingenuous

The "Monday Meetings" between Senate Democrats and lobbyist allies were going well, or as one Dem lobbyist put it:
"If you could lay out the team concept on a spectrum, from one end - which is, 'you've gone to the dark side,' to the other end - which is, 'give me the bill language, I'm going to the floor to introduce it' - we [were] moving up the spectrum," said Chuck Brain of Capitol Hill Strategies, who lobbies for Wachovia, Amgen and Prudential.
OK Chuck let me explain a thing or two. YOU have gone over to the dark side, Paul Kiel has not. He may or may not be your friend, but he is not going to cover for you. It is very unwise for a lobbyist to have himself quoted by name saying "give me the bill language, I'm going to the floor to introduce it." Congress persons might, for all I know, actually say "give me the bill language, I'm going to the floor to introduce it." from time to time, but they certainly never say it to lobbyists who have let the world know that the words "give me the bill language, I'm going to the floor to introduce it" have ever passed their lips.

Your command of the English language is impressive. Now try to take control of your tongue. Or, hell, you just blew your career as a lobbyist. Why don't you come over to the non dark side, name names, and become a muck raker.

No comments: