Site Meter

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

George Orwell explains the scriptural basis for the Texas Health and Safety Code Chapter 166 Advance Directives ( the Texas Futile Care act of 1999 which is clearly explained by Mark Kleiman)

"Keep the Aspidistra Flying"

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and
have not money, I am become as a sounding brass, or a
tinkling cymbal. And though I hve the gift of prophecy,
and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though
I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have
not money, I am nothing.


so you see good Christians can turn off the life support of people with terminal conditions against their will if they can not pay for their medical care.

It is also odd how Orwell managed to anticipate the theological doctrine Thomas Delay.
Great minds think alike.

No comments: