Site Meter

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Shorter Sokratic Dialogue

I am aware of all internet traditions, but I will make the character "Sokrates" created by Brad DeLong look like a fool simply by deleting.


Sokrates: And we have won. There are now departments of philosophy everywhere. But when was the last time you saw a department of sophistry?

[skip]

Meno: And the Chicago School economists who say that government borrow-and-spend logically cannot increase overall spending?

[skip]

Sokrates: I, at least, find myself unable to understand them.

[skip]
if they don't make an argument I cannot make them look any more foolish...


Now I imagine the dialogue continues

Meno: Recently you asked me when was the last time I saw a department of sophistry. Have I answered your question ?

Sokrates: Yes.

No comments: