Site Meter

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Political incorrectitude over at the SF cronicle. Jon Carroll invents a hilarious manifesto of "Unitarian Jihad". However, I think it improper to use the word Jihad which suggests that Moslems are more prone to wars of religion than Christians. It would have been more politicall correct to call the group Unitarian Jihad/Crusade/Revolution/Aliha/some Sanskrit word.

Update: I thank Dan Smith for telling me I had posted this twice and for tellling me the corrrect spellling of Sanskrit.

Update 2: I must strongly dissent from the view of the majority of the fundamentalism subcommittee of Unitarian Jihad.

"Too long have fundamentalist yahoos of all religions (except Buddhism -- 14-5 vote, no abstentions, fundamentalism subcommittee) made your head hurt."

This is unfair to Jains, Zoroastrians, Anamists, Satanists, Jedai (a major religion in Canada according to the Census), Wiccans and those guys who like to eat Peyote but claim it's a religion so they are protected by the first amendment.

p.s. Dan don't even bother trying to correct all the spelling errors in the preceding sentence.

No comments: