Site Meter

Monday, January 12, 2009

Politico and the English Language

In politico Manu Raju writes

"grow the size of an energy-tax incentive package"

Now I've noticed that people have decided to grow the frequency of using "to grow" as a transitive verb, but I want to draw the line at "grow the size".

How about "enlarge" or "expand" or "increase" or "aument" ?

I know, people who live in glass houses ...
may want to look at a comment to the post immediately below this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having criticized those living in glass houses, I agree completely with throwing such a stone no matter the house in which a person lives.

Nicely done.