Site Meter

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

It appears that at a press conference George W Bush said

BUSH: I was made aware of the NIE last week. In August, I think it was John — Mike McConnell came in and said, We have some new information. He didn’t tell me what the information was. He did tell me it was going to take a while to analyze.

It appears that he would have us believe that he wasn't curious enough about the new information to ask what it was and that John Mike McConnell chose not to tell him that maybe WW III wasn't as imminent as he feared. I am 90% sure that he is lying. The remaining 10% possibility scares the shit out of me.

Also Bush said

" I have said Iran is dangerous, and the NIE doesn't do anything to change my opinion about the danger Iran poses to the world."

Here I am certain that he is telling the truth. Bush is a firm resolute leader who has never let facts affect his opinions. He doesn't seem to have noticed that the statement that an Iranian nuclear bomb project would make no difference in his "opinion about the danger Iran poses to the world" is roughly equivalent to the statement "I am batshit insane." That's how far gone he is.

No comments: