Site Meter

Thursday, March 25, 2004

Flying pigs defeat flying monkeys

" you know what I'd like to see? I'd like to see just one person fess up and admit that, in retrospect, we obviously didn't take them seriously enough.

Coming next: porcine flight!"
Kevin Drum

Mr. Clarke began his testimony before the bipartisan, 10-member panel, formally known as the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, with an apology to relatives of the 3,000 people killed on Sept. 11, 2001.

"Your government failed you," he said, his voice close to breaking. "Those entrusted with protecting you failed you, and I failed you."

I was wrong. Richard Clarke is not Carl Rove's worst nightmare. Carl Rove might have a fertile mind but I'm sure he has never had a nightmare this bad.

No comments: