Site Meter

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Am I misunderestimating David Frum ?

In a Ron Hutcheson Knight Ridder article on Bush administration policy non-discussion


"Former White House speechwriter David Frum defended Bush's decision-making style, saying it encourages timely action and definitive judgments.

"The disadvantages are that the president does not hear such a wide range of views, and the opportunity for truly creative decisions is probably a little bit less,""

Does Mr Frum understand the difference between the words "definite" and "definitive". I think he does and I think he has not been misquoted. I think he is trying to trick us into believing that since Buch makes firm definite clear judgements his judgements are definitive, unarguably correct and the last word on the subject.

The think which worries me is that about half of my country people seem to have fallen for this sort of subliminable seduction.

No comments: