Site Meter

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Sprezzatura Break

See below for my suffering as I find myself temporarily almost agreeing with Lee Seigal.

Now where can I go to wallow is some snide contempt ?

Jonah Goldberg ? Check

The press didn't care much about the Limbaugh "phony soldiers" story in which Limbaugh was referring to one anti-war activist


OK sure "soldiers" obviously refers to one soldier. I mean you don't expect Rush to keep track of singular and plural through the oxycontin haze.*

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad ? Check

He talked about “300,” the recent movie about the Battle of Thermopylae: “That film claimed that under Darius the Great twenty-seven nations paid tribute to Iran.” The audience hissed. “But, in a meeting I was in, I corrected that impression. ‘No,’ I said, ‘under Darius forty-two nations paid tribute to Iran!’ ”

Next, he approached the nuclear issue. “Iranians have never tried to oppress anyone,” he said.


OK so it was non oppressive tribute fine.

*I know that Rush passed his drug test, but I'm assuming Jonah didn't

uhm know about that.

1 comment:

Sholom said...

SONY PHOLDIERS
The preceding has been a spoonerism and a shameless self-promotion.