Site Meter

Monday, August 16, 2004

a year and a half ago Daniel Davies famously issued the challenge

"can anyone, particularly the rather more Bush-friendly recent arrivals to the board, give me one single example of something with the following three characteristics:
1 It is a policy initiative of the current Bush administration
2 It was significant enough in scale that I'd have heard of it (at a pinch, that I should have heard of it)
3 It wasn't in some important way completely fucked up during the execution."

So far no one but no one has come up with an example, which makes me Robert Waldmann the winner.

Bush's manned mission to Mars was not completely fucked up during the execution.

In fact neither was Bush's privitization of social security, a major feature of his 2000 campaign totally fucked up in execution.

Now spoil sports may point out that the only reason these initiatives have not been totally fucked up during the execution is that there has been no execution whatsoever.

However I still claim the prize. I demand that Mr davies tell me if my mustache makes me look like a pillock.


No comments: