Site Meter

Thursday, February 05, 2004

Perjury ?

Mr. Rumsfeld told Mr. Kennedy that his assertions were baseless. "You've twice or thrice mentioned manipulation," Mr. Rumsfeld said. "I haven't heard of it, I haven't seen any of it, except in the comments you've made."


The claim by Sect Rumsfeld that he had not "heard" of manipulation before Sen. Kennedy raises the issue implies one of two things. Either he, like the president, doesn't read newspapers or he is lying. I have heard of manipulation of intelligence generally from quotes of anonymous and/or retired CIA employees. In spite of the Gulbuddin Hekmatyar is a Talib slip, I think Sect Rumsfeld has access to more information than me. I am basically sure that his response to Kennedy was a lie about what he has heard.

Why isn't that perjury ?

No comments: