Site Meter

Friday, June 15, 2018

Posters in Casa Padre Brownsville Texas

I am appalled by the Trump administration policy of separating parents and children just because they crossed the border without permission. Like many people I was shocked when the staff of the Casa Padre youth shelter (or jail) in Brownsville called the cops on Senator Merkley when he tried to oversee the (contractors of) the exutive branch. Finally, like many people I was shocked even a bit more to learn that there is a huge poster of Donald Trump on a wall of Casa Padre.

But reading the post, I learned some more. First the shelter (or jail) was operating for a while. I think since the wave of minors who showed up unaccompanied while Obama was president. Most of the residents (or inmates) are there because they arrived at the border without adults not because they were (depravedly) separated (by sadistic subhumans like Sessions). The place is now over crowded, because of the Trump administration policy.

As to the posters (or murals). There are posters of Trump, Obama, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Lincoln and ... Zachary Taylor. I suspect there are many others (Taylor and Lincoln don't fit well together). The Obama poster is accompanied by the quote "My fellow Americans, we are and always will be a nation of immigrants. We were strangers once, too. " and a Spanish translation.

No comments: