Site Meter

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Glad I didn't write that

Are you arguing that the “highest responsibility” of an executive branch officer is contained within his oath of office? Might it be that his highest responsibilities are contained within the text of the Constitution itself? What about federal statutes? Those might have some interesting insights about executive responsibility. You know, now that I think about it, the US Supreme Court might have weighed in on the responsibilities of executive officers too.

— Lasorda · Feb 20, 03:50 PM ·


I hope I don't have to explain to my readers that the oath of office is contained in the text of the Constitution itself (article II section 1).

I wonder just how stupid one has to be to contrast a passage with the text of a document without searching the document to make sure that the passage isn't part of the text of the document.

No don't tell me. I don't want to know.

I don't expect people to actually know the text of the Constitution (I haven't memorized it myself) but I do expect people to check before making easily refutable claims. Lasorda is a commenting on a blog post so he must have access to the web and therefore the text of the US Constitution. Do you think he's never heard of Google ?

No comments: