Site Meter

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I am lost in cyberspace.

I am following the debate on confirmation of John Bolton (not imporant) more than the debates going on in my home town (OK I live in a suburb of Rome but it's not Velletri so it's OK).

Of the two, it is clear that the conclave is very very important, while the long overdue political crisis is not.

I don't have much to say about the conclave. Cardinal Ratzinger should be pleased that he has made me regret my atheism, at least to the extent that I wish I could pray to got that he never becomes Pope.

I note that this proves that, while I am atheist, I am not hostile to Religion and do not think it would be better if other people lost their faith (in general as it would be a fine thing if Osama lost his). A Ratzinger papacy would be the best thing that has happened for atheism since Darwin.

No comments: